Monday, November 3, 2008

wonder where

do any of you remember the tooth paste ad "wonder where the yellow went?Now we know! My last entry!!! I don't know how I did that!!!

I just put 16 cups of chicken broth in the freezer! I cooked it 8 hours yesterday.( I used good chicken so we'll have chicken salad for lunch today)
I am now ready for soups and stews this winter. I've made beef, vegetable and chicken.
Yesterday I also made 2 batches of red onion jelly. That stuff is heaven in a jar! I made a batch in August and it is gone. We eat it with meat and it is so good on biscuits and corn bread.

This AM I started another new recipe in the crockpot. Beef ribs with mushrooms, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and beef broth! It smells good so that is a plus! I'll start up the rice cooker and that will take care of dinner tonight! I have decided this month I will use the crockpot at least 3 times a week. I have had crockpots for years and never really used them much. I was missing a lot! No cooking at the end of the day! Plus I have 2 dishwashers, an electric one and Russ! Lol. I never do dishes any more. Retirement is great!

No comments: