Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

It is so hard to believe another year has passed. They seem to fly! In my mind I am still in my 20's but then I look in the mirror and think Where has time gone! My only big resolution this year is to lose inches, ( sounds better than pounds). Russ has his 50th high school reunion in June and I want to be thinner, LOTS thinner! I have lost 10 pounds this month. All that repairs on the house did that! We can't afford that as a weight lose program though! LOL

I read my nieces blog this AM. Wow! She has lots of changes coming into her life! Kids moving out of state, hubby changing jobs and a move after 9 years! She is a strong lady, has great faith and will get through all this in good stride!

I really feel for her with the moving. The longest we were ever in one place was 3 1/2 years! The worst 3 1/2 years. Russ was a drill sgt. for the females! And THAT is another story!!!! In Trice's 12 years of school we lived in 6 different states or countries and with moving up to different schools or us moving from off post to on post, she went to 16 different schools in 12 years.! Wow! It was a fun, exciting life and I really miss the moving! I could be packed in 8 hours if we could move! I hate the fast life Killeen has become. It has grown from a slow moving big town to a fast, dangerous city in the almost 30 years we have been here.

It is a tradition in the south to eat black eyed peas for luck on New Years Day and I found a new recipe for them on the Country Women's web site. I am off to Wally World to pick up a few things!

Oh, our grandson Anthony called yesterday to ask if he could bring his new girl friend over to meet us today! That boy is starting off the New Year right!!! LOL

No comments: