Saturday, December 27, 2008

The wind is blowing and the rain pouring!

Today is not a nice day! After yesterday anything would be bad! We had 77 weather yesterday and it was beautiful! Now if it would clear again so I can get the leaves raked! They all fell during our repairs and now with two four footed friends my house is always full of leaves!

We still don't have a name for the new one. We tend more than anything now to call him skeeter. He is a fiesty little guy and takes no crap from Bo!

I am so glad Christmas is over. Next year everyone needs to start their own traditions AT HOME!!! We always have to do the cooking and all the clean up! Russ could not even shame the grandkids into helping. After they all left we both looked at each other and said "We are done"! No the best way for it to end!

We sure hope the mail brings more good news today! We got a notice yesterday that the Civil Service retirement got a good size raise starting Jan. 1 . Hope the Army gives opne too! LOL That is probably wishful thinking!

I cleaned half the garage yesterday. The other half is Mike and Russ' That is where all the tools are. Mike will start soon rebuilding the work bench area. He gave that plus the materials needed to Russ for Christmas. Russ' face sure had a funny look when he opened a bag of pegboard hooks! Mike finally explained it too him.

I think next week I am going to start redoing my bath! Russ bathroom floor looks so nice I think I'll do mine. I have had a fish decor in mine for years and it is time to go! I'm thinking chocolate and ice blue, with white walls. That will go with the skin colored tiles ! They are such a weird color!

WEll, I have a stack of bills sitting here that says I need to write checks! There goes the pay raise! LOL

No comments: